What is the CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway?
The CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway is a software-defined access gateway enabling authorized users on any type of devices to securely access applications and services running in cloud environments, including public cloud environments such as Amazon AWS and Windows Azure.
The Cloud Access Gateway encrypts all connections between devices and clouds. It enforces authentication policies like those in LDAP or Active Directory.
Our service is essentially a communication tunneling technology that can seamlessly encrypt any intranet application without any changes to the application or platform or any integration with an API. Any existing application’s communication can be secured end-to-end using our service.
What are the benefits of using the CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway?
By providing an entirely software-based security solution for cloud services, CipherGraph offers these benefits:
- Faster Time-to-Cloud: your organization does not need to order, wait for, install, and configure new networking gear simply to provide secure access to new cloud services. Multi-week waiting periods shrink to a few hours.
- Reduced capital expenses: there’s no need to buy and deploy new routers and VPNs for new cloud initiatives.
- Reduced operating expenses: eliminating hardware eliminating the overhead that goes along with managing that hardware. In some organizations, the hardware alone for new cloud services requires one or more FTEs.
- Better support for mobile devices. Cloud services are often secured with VPNs, which can be cumbersome to use on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Users habits are changing quickly, and a growing share of work is done on mobile devices. Organizations should ensure their cloud security solution works with those devices. With CipherGraph, it does.
- Faster network performance, especially for branch offices. Instead of all traffic to and from new cloud services passing through an on-premise data center, users in branch offices can connect directly to the cloud and eliminate the need for back-hauled traffic.
What type of encryption does CipherGraph use?
All encryption is enterprise-grade AES 256.
Can I enforce my existing security policies and access controls through CipherGraph?
Yes. The Cloud Access Gateway includes a powerful and flexible rules engine that can accommodate even the advanced rules sets used by large enterprises.
How long does it take to set up the CipherGraph Cloud Access Gateway?
Our services team can typically have your organization up and running in a matter of hours.
Which client device platforms does CipherGraph support?
We support Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X, Apple iOS, and Android.
We’re using an Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform to secure our mobile devices. Does CipherGraph replace an MDM?
No, we complement MDM platforms. IT organizations can use MDM solutions to control which mobile devices have access to a network; CipherGraph provides easy-to-use, secure connectivity from the devices to cloud services.
Which cloud platforms does CipherGraph support?
We support Amazon AWS, Windows Azure, and almost any other cloud hosting platform. We also fully support on-premise data centers (both legacy and virtualized).